Friday, April 13, 2012

Arrived in Rio

I got in early in the morning and after getting cash from the ATMs on the third floor at the airport, I took the Real Bus to Botafogo which cost 12 BR. It was easy to find the hostel and the price was right at about 32 BR per night for the A/C dorm. Most of the travelers are Brazilians, and the rest are Europeans. After checking in, I went to a local cafe where I had the feijoada dish. It was huge but very salty so this will be my classic order---not to be repeated.

I checked into the Vila Carioca Hostel before lunch which was a short walk from where the Airport Shuttle dropped me off.


After lunch, I took the subway to the Ipanema beach where I walked all the way to the east and saw some great views of Sugar Loaf before it was shrouded in clouds.



Tomorrow I plan to visit all of the major tourist attractions including Sugar Loaf, Christo Redeemer.

If you want to buy one of my 29 travel videos, I sell them on eBay for $5 with free shipping worldwide whenever I am not traveling.  My seller's name on eBay is —huntforvideos.

Here is a link to my eBay site:  



No comments:

Post a Comment