Friday, August 1, 2014

Last Day of Trip---a long one--August 1, 2014

For my last day, I visited the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall again by the metro. He is considered the first president and father of the Republic of China and through his leadership, the Qing Dynasty was overthrown. He was a physician by training and traveled the world effectively raising funds for the revolt. His fluency in English was a great aid in making influential contacts in his overseas travels. He was also effective in weakening the influence of the various warlords following the fall of the Qing Dynasty. His key principles were nationalism, democracy, and people's livelihood.


The Taipei 101 building rises above the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Building.



Once again, this statute resembles the Lincoln Memorial as well as the Chiang Kai Shek one.


The film crew was shooting a music video with these Taiwanese flamenco dances with the Taipei 101 building as the backdrop.



Afterward, I returned to my hotel building and had lunch at one of the many Japanese restaurants in the area. This is pork tonkatsu with salad, relishes, and miso soup.


Once at the airport I get my last glimpse of "Hello Kitty" and I don't even know what these other guys are in the other picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment