Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Sahara Camp Adventure—January 21to 22, 2019

Into the Sahara Desert Camp


Our five-hour drive took us from the fields of orchards to a more barren landscape and open planes and river gorges.



We then saw our first sand dunes as we approached the town of Merzouga called Erg Chebbi sand dunes.

After lunch, we mounted our camels for our 2-hour ride out to our Sahara Camp. The camels were all tied together so all we had to do was ride. 








Unfortunately, they allow 4-wheel vehicles to travel in the sand dunes, but by the time we got to our camp, we had left them behind.








As we waited for the sun to set some of us tried Sandboarding with good results.


After our meal, Max entertained us with a guitar until the guys had built a fire outside the tent.


They brought out the drums and guitar and we were entertained under a full moon and warm fire.


In the morning we retraced our journey out of the Sahara desert.



I have recently uploaded all of my travel videos to YouTube now that they allow longer uploads and you may want to see my travel adventures there.  That link is

 https://www.youtube.com/c/huntforgold.  


If you do go there, please subscribe to my video channel since it will help me eventually get some income there and help with my future travels. Fewer people are using DVDs so I am transitioning to streaming my travels on my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment