Monday, June 27, 2022

Fremont Solstice Parade and Festival---June 18, 2022

The Fremont Solstice Festival is back after a 2-year suspension because of the COVID 19 pandemic. After the bicyclists entertained the crowd garbed in body paint, the parade began.  

The crowds along the Fremont Solstice Parade enjoyed the line-dancing Boot Boogie Babes. 

Here are some kids showing off their cute dragon moves as one of many unique parade entries.


This was quite an eclectic band group. The tuba player was on my #40 bus from downtown Seattle.


This group represented all types of animals from lambs to peacocks.


This was an enjoyable trailer band that was pulled along the Fremont Solstice Parade route with praises from the onlookers.

The dancers and band were festooned in sunflowers in support of Ukraine. The dancers reminded me of a Mardi Gras performance. Starting with the band decked out in the Ukraine sunflower headdresses to the Mardi Gras dancers this group was the last and favorite of the crowd of onlookers.



This juggler was having a bit of trouble carrying out his performances of juggling while spinning a ball on top of a pole. The crowds enjoyed his efforts and tipped big.



There were blocks of over 200 vendors set up in the Fremont area that sold food, handmade goods, trinkets, art, crafts, and clothing.  The bandstand featured 17 different bands that performed at full volume near the many varied types of food stalls.





I have recently uploaded all of my travel videos to YouTube now that they allow longer uploads and you may want to see my Peru Adventures there as well as my other travel videos.  That link is https://www.youtube.com/c/huntforgold.


If you do go there, please subscribe to my video channel since it will help me eventually get some income there and help with my future travels. Fewer people are using DVDs so I am transitioning to streaming my travels on my YouTube channel.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment