Friday, August 19, 2022

Chillaxin’ in El Cuco, El Salvador —August 12–14, 2022

On August 12th we got into El Cuco at the La Tortuga Verde Resort with lots of hammocks fronting on the Pacific Ocean. 





Our guide, Dennis calls these two days the “chillaxing” part of the trip.


This resort is home to rescued pelicans as well as a turtle nesting farm where they collect eggs from locals. When the turtles, hatch they return to the ocean.


We spent our days lazing in the hammocks with views of the Pacific Ocean and then enjoyed the afternoon happy hour for the “two for one drinks” of margaritas, piña coladas, and tequila sunrises.


Some were more energetic by surfing and swimming in the incoming waves. I enjoyed swimming only.



Later, a few of us walked into town which was about an hour's walk. Sam joined me and we stopped for a beer at one of the many restaurants, and we watched as the incoming tide flooded some of the beachgoers' tables that were closer to the surf.


Instead of walking back, we looked for a cab but there were none. I started asking about where the cabs were and some guy in a pickup truck said he was a taxi driver so we got in his truck and return to our resort at a cost of about a dollar.


At night, during the usual nightly rain and thunderstorms, we went to a restaurant where Maria and her daughter, Regina, showed us how to make our dinner of Salvador pupusas from corn flour and a mix of ingredients—-garlic, asparagus paste, cheese, beans, etc.  Their 99-year-old grandmother/mother enjoyed watching us trying to make pupusa.







We then headed back to bed so we could get up early to cross the two borders: the El Salvador/Honduras border and then later the dreaded Honduras/Nicaragua border.


I have recently uploaded all of my travel videos to YouTube now that they allow longer uploads and you may want to see my travel adventures there as well as my other travel videos.  That link is https://www.youtube.com/c/huntforgold


If you do go there, please subscribe to my video channel since it will help me eventually get some income there and help with my future travels. Fewer people are using DVDs so I am transitioning to streaming my travels on my YouTube channel.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful pic.
    I especially like hanging in hammocks and you with the two lovely Salvadoran women.

    ReplyDelete