Friday, November 4, 2022

The Hand That Grabs You in Punta del Este—10/26–28,2022

It was another comfortable bus ride down to Punta del Este, Uruguay about two hours south from Montevideo.


This place is known for its Mano in La Arena as well as for being the playground of the rich and famous with their high-rise condos filling up the major roads.  In the winter about 10,000 people live here, but in the summertime, it swells to over 450,000 people.  It is sometimes referred to as the Monaco of South America. 



When I arrived, it was drizzling and the wind was strong. I had a great fish lunch at the restaurant between the bus terminal and El Mano right after I got off the bus.



I then explored the Mano tourist attraction before heading to my



The Selina Hostel was located at the end of the peninsula. Unfortunately, the Selina restaurant was closed and the staff seem to be trying to figure things out such as systematically cleaning all of the public areas. it was not quite up to the standards I had experienced at Lake Atitlan in Guatemala nor in San Jose Costa Rica, but I understand that it is a new hostel that took over this hotel.









Most of the high-end restaurants with views of the ocean did not open until 8 PM. However, there were many other good restaurants I found.



In my walk around the peninsula, I enjoyed viewing the hydrofoil surfers and the kite sailors.  It was too cold damp and windy for anybody to be sunbathing while I was there.












At the end of my two day's stay, I caught the bus back to Montevideo and stayed at Che Legato Hostel which was just three blocks from the bus terminal where I would take the early morning 6:30 AM bus to Salto, Uruguay which would be the border crossing to Concordia, Argentina.


Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

I have recently uploaded all of my travel videos to YouTube now that they allow longer uploads.  I have also added other travel videos that are shorter.  

That link is https://www.youtube.com/c/huntforgold  


If you do go there, please subscribe to my video channel since it will help me eventually get some income there and help with my future travels. Fewer people are using DVDs so I am transitioning to streaming my travels on my YouTube channel.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures, but not being able to eat dinner until after 8PM is not good. Reminds me of my travels in Spain.

    ReplyDelete