Monday, May 13, 2013

Some Favorite Sites in Bangkok--May 2013

Whenever I come to Bangkok I enjoy taking the Chao Phraya ferry boats from Shan Taksin to Tha Tien and have lunch at the pier-side restaurant.

Unfortunately in 2011 Bangkok was experiencing one of its greatest floods and my favorite water-side restaurant was underwater.

When I returned in 2013, the restaurant was back in business and the staff there loved to look at my flood pictures of Bangkok as well as their restaurant. While I had a delicious red curry with chicken and rice the waitress delighted in playing "Fruit Ninja" on my iPad. Guido, an Italian traveler I met at my hotel, sat with me a bit and we exchanged travel adventure stories. soon he was heading out to see the monastery where the monks apply sacred tattoos to their adherents. Guido was just going to photo the event and then later head to Ayutthaya
.

While in the area, I again walked around the Wat Po temple and the giant reclining Buddha, and then on to the Royal Palace area before returning by ferry and sky train to my hotel, relaxing shower, and a cold Chang.

Wat Arun from Tha Tien


Reclining Buddha at Wat Po


Golden Guy at Royal Palace


While I waited at the Sky Train transfer point, I marveled at all of the construction going on in the center of Bangkok----no apparent recession here. I just can't understand how these construction workers can work in such heat and humidity.

If you want to buy one of my 29 travel videos, I sell them on eBay for $5 with free shipping worldwide whenever I am not traveling.  My seller's name on eBay is —huntforvideos.

Here is a link to my eBay site:  


No comments:

Post a Comment