Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Todra Gorge Trek—January 22 to 24, 2019


On our way to Todra Gorge, we stopped along the road where there were the remains of an extensive underground aqua duct system.  The dirt mounds were the dug-out openings for getting water and also for digging out the connecting tunnels that were several miles long.




It was then on to el Khorbat where we visited a museum and had an open-air lunch before proceeding to Todra Gorge where we stayed at the Auberge Taboriht.  We crossed a bridge to get to the Auberge which was tucked against the mountain.






A spot of tea Moroccan style


The following day our guide took us through the steep gorge where we hiked up and over the mountain pass.




At the top of the pass, we were invited into a Berber sheep and goat herding family cave for some tea.






It was very windy as we approached the saddle and saw the Rose Valley below.  Our hike was about 12 km.



I have recently uploaded all of my travel videos to YouTube now that they allow longer uploads and you may want to see my travel adventures there.  That link is

 https://www.youtube.com/c/huntforgold.  


If you do go there, please subscribe to my video channel since it will help me eventually get some income there and help with my future travels. Fewer people are using DVDs so I am transitioning to streaming my travels on my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment